(Last updated 9/3/2022)
Payment of deposit will be taken as acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Please ensure you have read and fully understand what is written below. Please contact us if anything is not clear to you.
1) All costs provided include taxes where applicable and are valid for thirty days from the date of the quotation.
2) The fee provided when quoting is a fixed rate based on previous experience and on typical processes, plus client co-operation in provision of team members availability. Please also note that all fees must be received before the first session of the Sprint.
3) No name development work will commence until Linguitsu has received approval of the project cost in the form of the first deposit. All projects require payment in full before the first session. This ensures that Linguitsu is fully equipped to provide the very highest levels of service and expertise, from project inception through to completion.
4) When entering into any agreement or project, the client is committing to completing the project with Linguitsu. The agency reserve the right to request feedback from the client, in order to revise and improve the name candidates.
5) Unless otherwise stated above or previously agreed in writing, all invoices are due to be paid before we start working on your project.
6) All Sprint sessions will be scheduled on our calendar at the beginning of the engagement to ensure rapid and effective completion of the project. We request that EVERY MEMBER of the client's strategy team all be available for each session of the Sprint to ensure continuity of insights.
7) Fees provided allow for presentation of a minimum of 20 vetted name candidates.
8) Linguitsu does not perform legal name verification, trademarking, or copyright checking beyond the first level of research. Client's legal team is responsible for ensuring the chosen name candidate is secured for the company and presents no conflicts.
9) Fees provided allow for occasional meetings at key stages for a ‘reasonable’ length of time between the Linguitsu and client. As a consultancy, we try to be available as much as possible to our clients.
10) Until payment is received in full, all rights to name candidates remain the intellectual property of Linguitsu. This agreement is subject to appropriate credit and acknowledgment appearing wherever possible and Linguitsu's right to use the work for self promotion in its portfolio, in presentations, in advertising, in print and online.
11) Linguitsu will never knowingly infringe any copyright or trademark and will deliver, to the best of knowledge, name candidates that are original and unique to Linguitsu. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that no copyright or trademark has been infringed and to make their own application for copyright or trademark with the appropriate agencies.
12) Ownership and copyright of all unused or rejected name candidates will reside with Linguitsu.
13) Linguitsu will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for our personal benefit or divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to the client.
14) The client agrees to indemnify Linguitsu and keep Linguitsu indemnified and hold Linguitsu harmless from and against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses suffered or incurred in relation to work or services provided. Linguitsu is not liable for any loss that may occur before, during or after the development of projects undertaken. Linguitsu will not be held responsible for any delays, errors or losses arising from any third party.
15) Appropriate credit and acknowledgment for work produced by Linguitsu should be attributed to Linguitsu where possible (for instance written in small text on the back of a printed item or at the bottom of a website) and may be referenced for the agency’s promotional purposes unless otherwise (in exceptional circumstances) prearranged with the client.
16) These terms and conditions of business supersede any previous versions and apply to all present and future projects unless otherwise agreed in writing. Linguitsu reserves the right to change or modify these terms at any stage with immediate effect. By agreeing to these terms, your statutory rights are not affected.
17) During a name development project, we can appreciate that sometimes personal preference can be a factor in choosing a name. As each project intimately involves members of your strategy team along with Linguitsu's naming strategist, all of the names we develop will be based around the requirements of the brand, product, or service. Under no circumstances is the project to be made refundable or discounted due to the names not satisfying the personal tastes and preferences of the client.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us here.